Photo Credit: katu.com
08/17/2017
Portland Theatre
Portland, OR

The 65-ft. tall lightbulb-illuminated vertical sign for the Portland Theatre was removed in sections and restored at a cost of $500,000. Installation of the 'new' sign on the corner of what is now the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall was celebrated August 16. The Portland Public theater opened in 1928 as a vaudeville hall, and converted to Paramount Movies in the 1930s. The theater building was restored and the sign changed back to the original 'Portland' in 1984.

Categories: Theater Marquees