Photo Credit: Thom Bridge
09/06/2017
Palmquist Electric
Helena, MT

Ernie Palmquist opened Palmquist Electric in the 1920’s, and despite being sold in 1978, the company’s mural sign has remained since it was first painted in the 1930’s. Wanting to preserve Ernies legacy, the Palmquist joined forces with local historians and specialists from WallDog Public Art in Iowa to restore the faded sign. Restoration was completed recently with the intent to bring the sign back to life while keeping its well-earned aged look.