A belated Happy 2013 to all! 2012 was an exceptional year for the museum. Here are just a few milestones from The Year That Was:
- Jan. 2012 – we closed our Essex Studios home of seven years. For the next six months, our entire focus was building out our new home.
- June 2013 – Grand Opening of our new home and full steam ahead! Our new home has brought so many more folks to the museum with incredible personal stories from the sign industry, and some even who had worked at our new building… 70 years ago!!
- Media attention has been more than we ever could have asked for! A visit from Antiques Roadshow with appraisal of some of our signs for their Cincinnati episode is scheduled to air April 1st! We were very pleased and hope you join us to watch the segment!
- Our new home has hosted events ranging from women’s groups, corporate retreats, and product launches, to birthdays, anniversaries, and weddings. We love it when the museum comes to life during these events!
- Renewed awareness of the museum has resulted in some amazing in-kind donations. Read more elsewhere on our blog.
- We launched CoSign, a pilot project bringing together local businesses, artists, and fabricators to bring new signage to one Cincinnati community.